April 26-28, 2019 — 49th Annual Ward World Championship, Wildfowl CarvingCompetition and Art Festival, Ocean City MD,. Jim Carpenter has won ribbons in this competition numbers of times, and highly recommends it. See: www.wordmuseum.org/specialevents/worldchampionship.
May 19 & 20, 2019 - Iris Festival and 24th Annual Woodcarving Show, First Presbyterian Church, 110North Main Street, Greeneville, TN. This is a great carving show, sponsored by Evergreene Woodcarvers with carvings not usually seen here. Bob Stadtlander, one of the top woodcarving supply vendors will be there. Evergreene holds a banquet adjacent to the Show venue with a wonderful time of fellowship, food, and door prizes. Ray Branch cannot say enough about their food. This event is held in conjunction with the Iris Festival in Greeneville, and makes a nice overnight trip. The town will be full of crafts,, vendors, food, clogging, competitions, and live music, all free except for what you purchase, of course. For more information go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/120968177926941/
September 14 & 15, 2019 - 2019 8th Annual CARV-IN - Mountain Tradition Woodcarvers, Visitor’s Center, 306 Wood Avenue E, (west of US Post Office) Big Stone Gap, VA.
• Bring your carving tools and carve and enjoy the fellowship with other carvers from the region!
• Carving show with juvenile, novice, intermediate, and open divisions. (Entries must be left through Sunday at 4:00 pm.)
• Best of Show/People’s Choice Awards
• Allen Goodman, Kathryn Overcast, and other vendors will join us this year.
• This year’s show is in conjunction with Celtic Days in town, Friday and Saturday. with music and food
• Saturday evening covered dish dinner (club furnishing burgers).
For more information: (276) 393-2045 or email@example.com